Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Program||Bachelor of Mechanical Engineering|
|Head of department||Dr. Indravadan B. Dave|
|Year of starting||2022|
With reference letter of education department (શિ.વિ. ગાંધીનગર ના પત્ર ક્રમાંક પરચ/૧૦૨૦૨૨/ ૩૧૨/ સ, તા. ૨૦/૦૪/૨૦૨૨) and directorate of technical education (વડી કચેરી, ગાંધીનગર ના શેરા ક્રમાંક: ડીટીઈ/ એકેડમિક/ ક (૪) / કોવિડ-૧૯/૨૦૨૧/ ૩૨૯૧, તા. ૨૦/૦૪/૨૦૨૨) Mechanical engineering department was started in Government engineering college, Gandhinagar with intake capacity of 60 students from academic year 2022-23. Mechanical Engineering encompasses areas such as energy, fluid mechanics, dynamics, combustion, vibration, design, manufacturing processes, systems modeling and simulation, mechatronics, robotics, mechanics of material, rapid prototyping and composites. It deals with all aspects of the conversion of thermal energy into useful work and the machines that make this possible. Mechanical engineering is also referred to as the ‘mother’ of all engineering branches.
- To prepare self-driven, environmental friendly, self-esteemed, inventive and oriented mechanical engineers with virtuous knowledge, proper analytical perceptive and good communication skills.
- Teaching Mechanical Engineering knowledge through highly qualified and trained faculty in encouraging environment.
- Creating awareness about the needs of industries and society through alumni and Industry-Institute interaction .
- Encouraging them to think inventively and introduce them to various research activities through advanced project works related to Mechanical Engineering.
- Supporting them to prepare in all aspects like communication, entrepreneurship and interpersonal skills.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- Apply knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering, technology, management, humanities and various other interdisciplinary subjects for a successful career.
- Positions of leadership in an organization through leadership skills, communication skills, professional personality and ethical values.
- A source of innovative solutions to complex problems and a source of motivation as a successful entrepreneur.
- Finding solutions for sustainable development in the field of environmental problems.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Solve complex Mechanical and interdisciplinary problems using their outstanding knowledge of Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) and modern software skills.
- Achieve excellence in product design and development by acquiring technical knowledge in specialized areas such as Materials, Design, Manufacturing and Thermal Engineering using Design Thinking process.
Bipinkumar P Parmar
Baria Ganpatsinh Samarsinh