Electronics & Communication Engineering
Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Program||Bachelor of Electronics & Communication Engineering|
|Head of department||Prof. Tejas B. Sheth|
|Year of starting||2004|
The progress of Communication technology and Electronics industries in the last ten years has taken everyone by a surprise. This growth is primarily responsible to shrink the boundaries and transform the globe into a small village. Electronics Communication Engineering has spread its field of influence significantly in all other branches of engineering. The demand for EC engineers, therefore, remains at the top of the table. Electronics & Communication engineers are required everywhere; in multibillion Communication Network, Electronics industries, Computer hardware/software sector, Aviation and Space technology, heavy industries, etc : you name a field and there is demand for EC Engineers. At GECG, students are trained across the entire spectrum, which goes much beyond curriculum. Robotics, embedded technology, VLSI, mat lab, satellite communication, 2G-3G mobile radars, microwave and host of other fields with latest developments are covered in detail.
- To produce globally competitive and resourceful EC Engineers to bring out research, innovation and teamwork for development in various fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering.
- To impart quality education in the fields of Electronics and Communication Engineering through effective teaching-learning processes, well equipped laboratory facilities and collaborative ventures with industries.
- To provide the students of E and C engineering an environment of an academic freedom that will ensure the exchange of ideas and the dissemination of knowledge in this discipline.
- To provide the platform for students to perform the project work related to industrial and societal requirements.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To prepare graduates to excel in postgraduate programmes or pursue higher studies or to succeed in industry / technical profession through global, rigorous education.
- To train graduates with good scientific and engineering breadth so as to comprehend, analyze, design, and create novel products and solutions for the real life problems.
- To inculcate in graduates professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills, teamwork skills, multidisciplinary approach, and an ability to relate engineering issues to broader social context.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- The ability to implement and apply knowledge of Electronics and Communication Engineering subjects in the analysis,design and development of various types of electronic and communication systems.
- Demonstrate soft skills, aptitude, technical skills and knowledge to work in the industry, R and D organizations and society.
Prof. Tejas B. Sheth
Head of Departmenttbsheth@gecg28.ac.in
Prof. Jignesh K. Bhavsar
Dr. Avani A. Vithalani
Prof. Suhas H. Patel
Prof. Kalpesh K Patel
Prof. Devendra H. Patel
Prof. Nileshkumar M. Bankar
Prof. Niraj K Chaudhari
Dr. Shahid S. Modasiya
Prof. Sandip J. Dawda
Prof. Nisha K. Prajapati
Prof. Himanshukumar D. Nayak
Prof. Sandeep J. Rajput
Prof. Ujjval R. Dave
Prof. Pooja C. Gajjar
Prof. Hina K. Patel
Prof. Neetirajsinh Chhasatia
Dr. Purvi Koringa
Prof. Rajat Pandey
Prof. Ravi Butani
Prof. Nisarg Bhatt
Prof. Nehal Shyal
GUJCOST Sponsored Design Lab
To Provide the platform to the young students with creative and innovative ideas, “Design lab” is Established in EC Department by GUJCOST.In Design Lab, Students can transform their ideas into a tangible form.
Analog Electronics Lab
laboratory is fully equipped with basic electronics instruments like Analog Electronics Trainer Kits, Electronic Workbench, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Dual Regulated Power Supply, Function Generator.
Digital Electronics Lab
laboratory is fully equipped with basic electronics instruments like Digital Electronics Trainer Kits, Electronic Workbench, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Dual Regulated Power Supply, Function Generator.
Computer Center-1 is equipped with number of desktop computers. This lab is used for the course subjects like Signals &Systems, Control System and C, C++ Programming.
Computer Center is fully configured with high performance computing facility(Inter i7,4GB RAM) for the course of Internet of Things.
Embedded and VLSI Systems Lab
Computer Center is fully configured with high performance computing facility(Inter i7,4GB RAM) along with Latest VLSI trainers boards, Embedded Development boards and Kits(Arm Cortex and Various development boards like Red Pitaya, Arduino uno,Raspberry Pi)
RF and Antenna Lab
Lab is used for the courses like Antenna and Wave Propagation, Microwave theory and Techniques, Satellite Communication and Radar and Navigational Aids.
Wireless Communication Lab
Computer Center is fully configured with high performance computing facility(Inter i5,4GB RAM). This lab is having facility like Wireless Communication Trainer boards.
Circuits and Networks Lab
EC Department is equipped with state-of-the art machines as per university guidelines. Students can get their hands on these lab equipments and improve their skills & practical knowledge rather than only theoretical.
Microprocessor and Microcontroller Lab
Computer Center is fully configured with high performance computing facility (Inter i3,4GB RAM). This lab contains Microprocessor and Micro controller AVR Kits.
Computer Networks Lab,Computer Center-4
Lab is used for the courses like Python Programming, Computer Networks, Computer vision, Cyber Physical Systems and Web Technology.
Analog and Digital Communication Lab
Laboratory is fully equipped with instruments like Analog Communication Trainer Kits, Digital Communication Trainer Kits, Digital Storage Oscilloscope, Cathode Ray Oscilloscope, Dual Regulated Power Supply, Function Generator.
Industrial Automation Lab
This Lab is Used for the Subjects like Industrial Automation, Robotics and Automation, Biomedical Electronics, MEMS and Automotive Electronics.
Shri B. K. Parmar
|Alumni Meet 2022||26-04-2022|
|Engineers Day Celebration||15-09-2021|
|Introductory session for GTU Robotics club||06-09-2021|
|Finishing School Program-26-7-2021 to 5-8-2021||26-07-2021|
|Finishing School Program-5-4-2021 to 14-4-2021||05-04-2021|
|Finishing School Program- 1-4-2021 to 5-4-2021||01-04-2021|
|A Webinar on " Introduction to MATLAB and Simulink "||29-09-2020|
|Industrial Visit- 20-2-2020||20-02-2020|
|Newsletter_EC_July 2022 to December 2022|
|Newsletter_EC_January 2022 to June 2022|
|Newsletter July-2021 to Dec-2021|
|Newsletter_January-2021 to June-2021|