Undergraduate / Postgraduate Programmes
|Program||Bachelor of Bio-Medical Engineering||Master of Bio-Medical Engineering|
|Head of department||Prof. Ghanshyam Parmar||Prof. Ghanshyam Parmar|
|Year of starting||2004||2010|
The Department of Biomedical Engineering has been functional in the college since 2004. It offers Bachelor of Engineering as well as Master of Engineering degrees in Biomedical field at Undergraduate and Graduate levels. The department has excellent infrastructure with laboratories stocked with equipments for Therapeutic Instrumentation, Diagnostic Instrumentation, Biomedical Imaging, Biomedical Signal Processing, Life Science, Biomedical EMC, Digital Electronics and Biomedical Embedded. Students learn their skills in medical imaging; computational biology, bioinformatics, and imaging sciences; sensors, microsystems, and instrumentation; biomaterials, etc. Students are provided with a practical perspective in order to provide solutions to the most pressing medical challenges. Students are challenged to analyze and solve problems from both engineering and biological perspectives. Upon completion of the programme , students are well-prepared to enter the top graduate, medical and professional schools or begin a rewarding career in industry.
- To play a pivotal role in promoting human health through the best of current and future technologies from the field of engineering and medical science to bridge the gap between medicine and engineering.
- To serve the fundamental principles of engineering to human health care and well-being for medical industries, health care providers, governmental agencies, and academic entities.
- To create a linkage between content generation, research in critical areas, and imparting education for integrating our knowledge with the advancements in Hospitals and Industries.
- To obtain and maintain the competitive edge in hospitals and industries, for identification and nurturing of talent and learning in academic entities.
Program Educational Objectives (PEOs)
- To have mathematics, science, and engineering fundamentals expertise at the interface of engineering and the life sciences, enabling them to take leadership roles in the field of biomedical engineering.
- To have ability to use their problem solving skills and multidisciplinary perspectives to understand and advance scientific discoveries and technological innovations across professional and disciplinary boundaries with the highest professional and ethical standards.
- To possess technical and practical skills to identify, formulate, and solve open-ended problems with medical relevance, including the design of devices, systems, and processes to improve human health.
- To develop successful careers related to Biomedical Engineering like biomedical electronics, medical instrumentation, medical imaging, biomedical signal processing, rehabilitation engineering, and neuroengineering or another area of the student’s choosing, through employment in industry or government, or through pursuit of graduate or professional degrees; and Successfully practice biomedical engineering to serve state and regional industries, hospitals, government agencies, or national and international industries.
- Work professionally in one or more of the following areas: biomedical electronics, medical instrumentation, biomedical signal processing, rehabilitation engineering, and neuroengineering.
- To enhance career skills through life-long learning.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSO)
- Operate and maintain Biomedical Instruments.
- Design and Develop Biomedical Instruments.
- Acquire and develop the ability for life-long learning needed for a successful professional career such as professional and ethical attitude, effective communication skills and teamwork skills.
8106/B (Computer Lab)
Control System, Embedded System for Medical Device, Virtual Biomedical Instrumentation
Analog Electronics laboratory
Analog Electronics and Bio-Sensors and Bio-Transducers
Project Laboratory (8105)
Project Lab and HAP Lab
Shri M D Tripathi
|Soft Skills Required During & After Engineering||06-11-2020|
|Online BM Alumni Meet 2020||11-10-2020|
|Biomedical Department Newsletter_June_20 to Dec_20|
|Biomedical Department Newsletter_Jan_20 to June_20|