Right to Information Act 2005, mandates timely response to citizen requests for government information. It is an initiative taken by Department of Personnel and Training, Ministry of Personnel, Public Grievances and Pensions to provide ass RTI Portal Gateway to the citizens for quick search of information on the details of first Appellate Authorities, PIOs etc. amongst others, besides access to RTI related information/disclosures published on the web by various Public Authorities under the government of India as well as the State Governments. The basic object of the Right to Information Act, is to empower the citizens, promote transparency and accountability in the working of the Government, contain corruption, and make our democracy work for the people in real sense. It goes without saying that an informed citizen is better equipped to keep necessary vigil on the instruments of governance and make the government more accountable to the governed. The Act is a big step towards making the citizens informed about the activities of the Government.
- To promote transparency and accountability in the functioning of the government.
- To set up a practical regime for giving citizens access to Information that is under the control of public authorities.
- To empower the citizens as the law will promote the participation of the citizens in official decisions that directly affect their lives.
- The effective implementation of RTI Act will build public trust in the government functioning.
- It will lead to effective and efficient records management technique that is needed to facilitate the provision of information in response to public interest
|Sr No.||Name of Member||Designation||Email-Id|
|FIRST APPELLATE AUTHORITY(FAA)||email@example.com|
|2||Prof. K. C. DAVE
Assistant Professor (IC)
|PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER(PIO)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
Assistant Professor (CE)
|ASSISTANT PUBLIC INFORMATION OFFICER(APIO)||email@example.com|