Greetings from GEC Gandhinagar
Established in 2004 to give higher education in engineering and technology, Government Engineering College, Gandhinagar is spread over a sprawling campus and is surrounded by a lush green landscape. Totally pollution free, the campus boasts of well laid walkways and spacious lawns, well equipped classrooms and laboratories. The campus provides an ambience perfectly conducive to teaching, learning and research.
The institute is recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE), New Delhi, and the Institute of Engineers (India). The college is administered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Gujarat State, Gandhinagar, and is affiliated with Gujarat Technological University(GTU).
The centralized entrance procedure ensures that students get the institute of their choice. Records of the bygone years are a witness to the fact that GECG is the preferred institute among the toppers in Gujarat. GECG is developing fast and would like to come up as an institute of excellence promoting intelligent, hard working and technically curious minds.
To be a premier engineering institution, imparting quality education for innovative solutions relevant to society and environment.
To develop human potential to its fullest extent so that intellectual and innovative engineers can emerge in a wide range of professions.
To advance knowledge and educate students in engineering and other areas of scholarship that will best serve the nation and the world in future.
To produce quality engineers, entrepreneurs and leaders to meet the present and future needs of society as well as environment.
Admission to all the Programmes is executed by the state government rules. The reservation of seats follows the state government rules. Admission to the UG Programmes is based on the combined score of the HSCE and JEE. All the admission procedures have been made online from the year 2009 onwards, and conducted by the Admission Committee for Professional Courses.
PG Admission are mainly based on GATE score for which nationwide advertisement is given in leading newspapers in June/July every year. Admission to PG programme (M.E.) is conducted through ACPC from year 2009 and it is now centralized for all the colleges of the state.
Why GEC Gandhinagar?
- Ever since its commencement, GEC Gandhinagar has been an epitome for academic excellence.
- The elite students from all over the state and the country look forward to take admissions in our institute.
- Students are thoroughly nurtured by our extremely knowledgeable, well experienced and highly talented faculty, most of them having valuable field experience as well.
- We serve quality education to the students using effective teaching methodologies, ranging from the ancient methods to the latest technologies.
- We have and shall always continue to output the best engineers with a common mission; to serve technology.
- Our all-round engineer alumni has been accomplishing the requirements of the best companies located globally.